An Insightful documentary into the illegal practices of Botox treatments
Researchers suggest that as many as 100,000 Botox injections are carried out each year in the UK, and campaigners report* an astonishing trebling in botched treatments since 2016.
Investigative journalist Ellie Flynn uncovers crimes and injustices against other people her age in the UK. In this episode, she’s on the trail of medics who may be wrongly providing botulinum toxin, commonly known as Botox, and the beauticians who either don’t know the strict rules or are choosing to ignore them.
You can see the full programme at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p05z0m67/the-botox-bust-ellie-undercover
Ellie’s investigation takes her all over the UK to visit beauticians who - she discovers - are happy to give her Botox without her having a valid prescription. She has to tread a very fine line to avoid her cover being blown. Some of these beauticians may be connected, and Ellie has to artfully excuse herself during every appointment to avoid the possibility of being injected unlawfully with Botox.
But as Ellie finds out, like any medical procedure, there are risks and side effects, and getting Botox properly prescribed by a medic after a face to face consultation is important. She speaks to someone who was left physically disfigured and unable to speak, eat, or drink as a result of unlawfully acquired Botox, and goes out in search of a doctor who was struck off and is supplying Botox on the basis of telephone conversations.
Why Choose Lumiere MediSpa?
- You will always have an free of charge initial face to face skin consultation with Adrian Baker, Nurse Prescriber. This will include a medical history and skin assessment, a discussion of treatment options, and the risks and side effects for these discussed. Only once you have been assessed as medically safe will a prescription be written for you. You can see his valid registration here:
- You will be given time to consider your options. There is no rush or obligation to have a treatment or indeed if at all.
- You will only receive treatments from Adrian Baker as a registered nurse, meaning he has accountability for your treatment and safety and must be competent in the treatments he provides.
- All Prescription medications are legitimate, licensed, and sourced from a UK pharmacy
- Adrian is competent in the management of potential side effects from treatments he provides and you will always have access to his out of hours mobile number for these rare instances.
Book A Skin Consultation
You can arrange a free of charge skin consultation for botox treatments by calling our appointment line on 01844 278362 or emailing email@example.com